Ranked as one of the Best Employers in Nebraska, the University of Nebraska-Lincoln is committed to providing a work environment and culture that fosters personal and professional success and satisfaction. By joining our team, you will be given opportunities to grow as an individual and contribute to the significant impact that we make within the University of Nebraska community and Nebraska’s economy each year.
We invest in our employees:
- Vacation, sick, and holiday pay
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance
- No-cost life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program
- Retirement plans
- Tuition assistance for employees and dependents
- Exclusive staff discounts
- Continuous improvement and innovation
- Professional development through training and education
- Embrace a diverse and inclusive workplace
- And many more!!
As a Bindery Operator, you will:
- Operate a wide range of bindery machines and equipment.
- Ensure finishing equipment is in proper working order including machine setup, adjustments, and maintenance.
- Inspect finished products to ensure they meet client specifications and quality standards.
- Resolve technical issues and challenges that arise during production.
- Maintain production records.
- Collaborate with other departments to prioritize tasks and allocate resources to meet project deadlines.
- Provide updates on job progress.
- Generate reports to provide insights into productivity and performance.
- Demonstrate and promote a strong commitment to safety standards.
- Train, mentor, and provide guidance to bindery staff on safety protocols, best practices, tips, and techniques.
What you bring to the position (minimum qualifications):
- High school diploma or equivalent experience.
- 2+ years experience in a printing or bindery-related role, operating various bindery machines and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience that delivered high-quality results and consistently met production timelines.
- Strong understanding of bindery equipment, production processes, and quality standards.
- Ability to work with and proficient in the use of folding, trimming, inserting, and binding equipment.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to effectively address mechanical and/or technical challenges.
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Ability to read work orders and follow instructions.
- Thorough understanding of safety regulations and optimal procedures within bindery.
- Physical capability to engage in manual labor tasks, encompassing prolonged standing and the ability to lift heavy materials.
- Flexibility to accommodate varying shifts, including weekends and overtime, in response to production requirements.
- Must have a valid driver’s license and meet University driver eligibility requirements.
Apply Now: https://employment.unl.edu/postings/87654
Learn more about University Operations and other opportunities here: https://operations.unl.edu/university-operations-careers-0
A criminal history background check, driver record review, and pre-placement physical will be conducted.
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination.