IRRIGATION SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN-ART III
University of Nebraska-Lincoln
As an Irrigation Systems Technician, you will:
- Manage irrigation systems for grain and forage crops at the Eastern Nebraska Research, Extension, and Education Center near Mead, NE.
- Operate, manage, and maintain advanced center pivot and other irrigation systems. Assess crop water use, anticipate water needs, and implement irrigations.
- Troubleshoot and make irrigation equipment and control system repairs.
- Support research including logging and reporting of water/chemical use.
- Calibrate and operate chemigation and manure application equipment.
- Manage irrigation with remote control systems.
- Use variable rate irrigation technology.
- Support general farm operations as assigned.
Non-commercial pesticide applicator license, chemigation applicator license, and commercial driver’s license must be obtained within 6 months of employment. Criminal history background check, pre-placement physical and driving record check will be conducted. Applicant review begins March 27. View requisition S_230257 online for details and to apply.
As an EO/AA employer, the University of Nebraska considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, ethnicity, national origin, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, disability, age, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, and/or political affiliation. See https://www.unl.edu/equity/notice-nondiscrimination