Prepress Operator, Commercial Printing
Printco Graphics, a local leader in commercial off-set printing, has an immediate opening for a Full-time Prepress Operator. The position involves reviewing electronic files received from clients and checking them for thoroughness and completeness in advance of the plate making process.
This position is eligible for a One-Time Signing Bonus of $500 after successfully completing 90 days of full-time work at Printco!
- Review electronic files that are received from clients and check them for thoroughness and completeness in advance of the plate making process
- Using electronic page layout software (Agfa/Apogee) to manipulate the format of the print job to the dimensions of the paper.
- Determine page layout, accounting for folds, trims, bleeds and gripper, and add crop marks and color bars as necessary.
- Identify missing or problematic components and communicate them to the Customer Service Representative, customer, and production personnel.
- Work directly with Customer Service Representative, customer, and production personnel as necessary to work out any problems with the job.
- Create an electronic image of the pages to create manufacturing proofs used by the Press and Bind operators during the manufacturing process. May prepare color proofs for customer review.
- Must be able to work with various graphic design and layout software applications commonly used on Mac's and PC's. Good understanding of digital file formats (pdf, tiff, eps) from different operating systems (Mac and PC) is required.
- Basic color management skills and the ability to work with different digital file formats are required.
- Must have the ability to output digital files to various output devices; must have the ability to continue to learn and use new graphics software on an ongoing basis.
- Must have an understanding of the offset printing process and be able to work independently in a deadline-driven environment
- Mechanical skills for using and performing maintenance on proofers and automated plate processing equipment is required.
This is a full-time position. We offer full benefits, including medical, dental, 401k, paid holidays and vacation/PTO. Starting pay based upon experience.
Job Type: Full-time 8:30-5
Salary: $20.00- $25.00 per hour
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Signing bonus
Work Location: In Person
Send resume or apply online @ https://www.printcographics.com/careers.php