Under tree crew foreman’s supervision, removes and trims trees in order to prevent damage to, or interruption of service, electric distribution and transmission system.
- Applicant may be required to perform and pass a pre-determined test to insure said applicant has the physical stamina to perform the job duties reflecting the job description. The strength test will be approved by the Nebraska City Utilities and administered by an approved contracted firm of the Nebraska City Utilities.
- Applicant must submit to drug testing prior to employment, and all random testing thereafter, as required according to the Nebraska City Utility employee guidelines. All testing will be approved by the Nebraska City Utilities and administered by an approved contracted firm of the Nebraska City Utilities.
- Applicant must have or able to obtain a Class A Commercial Drivers License with a minimum O restriction for the State of Nebraska.
- Applicant will be required to attain credentials for pole climbing, CPR certification and AED training, pole and bucket truck rescue and training administered by the Nebraska City Utilities.
- Applicant will be required to comply with residency requirements.
Trims trees in and around high voltage, energized lines; may be requested to relamp street lights; may function as a ground man to other tree trimmers; operates boom and bucket truck, chipper, saws and related equipment; climbs trees; maintains and services equipment operated; sprays brush and tree stumps; responds to emergency situations; contacts property owners regarding access to property for tree trimming; maintains records of work performed; performs related tasks as required. Non-essential functions May assist any other department and/or any other assigned duties.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
Knowledge of: safety requirements associated with tree trimming/climbing skill in: operating assigned mechanized equipment; ability to: cut trees properly so that proper healing may occur, recognize unsafe electrical lines, work and communicate with co-workers, the public and supervisors.
TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE: Any combination of training and experience that will provide the incumbent with required knowledge, skills and abilities to perform the assigned tasks, and to receive a Nebraska Certified Arborist (NAA) and/or continuing education and a commercial International Society of Arborists (ISA) certification, training and herbicide applicators certificate.
Job duties are mostly performed outside and may be subject to inclement weather. Some tasks may involve electrical hazards. Normal work week is 40 hours per w eek; however, on call work is required as necessary. Employee will be required to dress and conduct his/her manners to reflect positive on the City of Nebraska City and the Nebraska city Utilities.