The Lower Platte South Natural Resources District is accepting applications for a Resources Technician. This is a full-time position, Monday-Friday working primarily out of Weeping Water, NE. Position requires a combination of office work and working outside assisting landowners on natural resource (primarily erosion) solutions. Competitive compensation and an excellent benefit package is offered.
Responsibilities will include
- Technical assistance to land users and others to establish conservation practices such as terraces, waterways, tile outlets, diversions, dams, contour farming, conservation tillage, pasture seeding, and others. The individual will be expected to conduct the appropriate surveys, design and draft the paper work, and record the installation of the practices. The employee will maintain records and accomplishments and prepare the reports as directed.
- Receives intensive and specialized training in all phases of soil and water conservation and related natural resource conservation programs.
- Assists in gathering and assembling preliminary data for use in developing and applying basic conservation plans. Assists in the inspection of NRD dams and projects.
- Knowledge of surveying and drafting methods, farming practices, GPS, ArcGIS, Microsoft office suite
- The ability to effectively communicate verbally with District cooperators and contractors verbally and through written reports
- Must have a valid driver’s license
This position will be based at the Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) office at 5508 144th St Weeping Water, Nebraska.
Salary range : $50-60,000
The closing date for applications will be March 24, 2023.
If interested, please submit a letter of interest and resume.
The Lower Platte South NRD is an Equal Opportunity Employer.