Aviation Window Repair Technician
Primary responsibility to provide aircraft window services to our existing customers, increase customer base and sales in the assigned Regional Market. Inspect aircraft windows and evaluate defects for airworthiness. Repair scratches, pits, and other damage to aircraft windows. Remove and install replacement windshields and windows.
- High School Diploma/General Education Degree (GED)
- Sales preferred
- 1 year of orbital sanding experience preferred
- Auto body experience preferred
- Previous aircraft experience preferred
- A&P license or AMT certificate preferred
- Sales experience preferred
Duties and Tasks:
- Remove existing windows.
- Prep and install new windows.
- On call 24/7 at customer requests for emergency AOG services.
- Use orbital sander with different grits of sandpaper to repair the damaged area.
- Review, interpret and understand the tech data as it relates to the function of the job.
- Responsible for acquiring the purchase order from the customers as per the quote. Schedule with the owner/operator and/or maintenance manager when our services will be performed. Complete and provide billing information and evaluation forms to our home office in Wichita, KS after the work is performed provided to the customer the appropriate air worthiness documents to the customer.
- Travel as required to customer’s locations via ground transportation, air, or airlines. Coordinate the scheduling with the travel agents for rental vehicles, flights, hotel accommodations, etc.
- Perform weekly expense reports detailing the costs of gasoline, entertainment, customer relations, etc.