Water Operator I
The Lancaster Rural Water District has a job opening for a Water Operator I. This is a semi-skilled level position. The Water Operator is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the system. Possession of a valid drivers license, minimum of a Nebraska Grade 4 Water Operators License, (with the option to complete within 6-months) and minimum of 2 years experience in the water industry or related fields.
Examples of duties include:
- Work with other district employees to oversee operations of the district.
- Performs manual labor in the maintenance repair of the water system including distribution lines, valves, flush hydrants, pumps, meters and service lines.
- Flushes and disinfects new distribution lines and services.
- Locate water mains, service lines, meter pits with locating device.
- Record water and pump meters, check pumps, wells, storage tanks and booster stations.
- Operates a variety of power tools and equipment.
- Performs standby with responding to customer complaints and 24/7 on call status.
Wage range is $22.50 - $28.10 (depending on qualifications and experience)
Full Health, Dental and Vision is available for employee with the ability to add family to premium plan at a discounted rate. All interested parties are asked to visit the website for a full job description and employment application at www.lrwd1.com, under the Employment Opportunities Tab. The job will remain open until position is filled.